Tuesday 19 March 2013

Dainty doll by Nicola Roberts

Hello again! So, recently I purchased the 'dainty doll' range by Nicola Roberts. Now the positive thing about this purchase is that it only cost me around £15 (inlcuding p&p) for ALL of the items! AMAZING! I bought them off amazon.co.uk after seeing a blogger off instagram say how much she loved them. The items varied in price, some costing more than others, but for 6 items, paying £15 is just soo amazing. I'll link the site below this post and also if you're thinking of buying them, make sure you buy them from the same seller so that your postage and package doesn't cost more than what you actually buy. I bought mine from the seller 'onlinemakeupstore' and what I found after adding the items to my basket a few days before I bought them was some items were sold out of colours etc so make sure you have all what you want in shades and so on before you checkout. So firstly I'll do a small description of each item I purchased, including what colour/shade I got it in and also what I first thought when receiving them. So here we go...


(Apologies in advance for the bad quality on the following pictures, just wanted close ups for you all)
 Firstly, I purchased the dainty doll liquid foundation. This cost me around £2.50 (again, amazing!) I got it in the shade 'dark' as Nicola Roberts line is mostly aimed at pale skinned people and as I'm not really that pale, I got dark. My first impressions after opening my purchases was the packaging, how cute is it?! I think it's so simple but with a big impact on how you feel about the makeup and the quality of the item you have bought. Also, the actual foundation packaging itself is simple but still cute and 'nice to look it' and also, it's a pump! I was so happy when I figured this out as I hate foundations you have to pour all over your hand. After using this a few times, my first impressions are good. It's a good shade for my skin colour and hasn't made my skin dry/breakout as of yet. It covers well and you only need a little to go a long way! I highly recommend this product to someone who is looking to discover new makeup at affordable prices. Overall, I am very happy with the foundation.


Secondly I bought the dainty doll concealer palette. I got this in a lighter shade to the foundation as I like using lighter shades to cover blemishes and dark circles. I got this for around £1.99. Now, again I love the packaging it comes in and the actual palette itself is very sturdy and good quality. I got this instead of the concealer pen from the range as I enjoy using a brush to apply my concealer. I haven't used this alot yet as im still going through an old concealer but from testing it, it covered well and did the job it needed to do. So overall very happy with this concealer. (Also, the mirror comes in handy too!)

Next, I got the dainty doll blusher. I got this in the shade 'My girl' as I like pink blushes and I loved the look of this one. It costs me around £2 maybe, I can't remember (sorry)! But, I have used this a few times, and it's very pigmented, which is good. So you only need a little to do alot (alike the foundation) From my experience, it awakened my face and made it shimmer alot which was great in the sunlight etc. But overall I am very happy with this blusher and again, the mirror is good for handbag makeup etc. They also did other shades, mostly nudes/paler shades but I chose the pink as that's my usual shade I go for.

Now for my most exiting purchase, lipstick! I got 3 lipsticks as they were £1.99 each and I thought that was amazing and especially for the quality you get. The first shade I got (far left) was called 'it's my party' and it's a pink shade, not to bright but not to nude. I haven't really used this one alot but from first impressions it's great for blonde people with darker skin but that's only my opinion. I think it looks ok on my lips but I'm not really used to the 'out there' look so maybe i'll have to experiment more with this colour.
The next shade is my favorite. It's called 'saucy sailor'. It's not a bright red, more dark but still great. I wear this all the time since buying it as I love it so much (wearing it in my picture from last post) I love it.
Lastly, is the darker red/purple shade. Which is called couture. I haven't wore this one yet, so I'm not in the place to comment on it so once I do, i'll make a individual review of this colour and tell you what I think.

Hope this post helps guys! I really recommend you check out the dainty doll collection as its good quality and very affordable.


Please follow my instagram/tumblr and stuff guys.








No comments:

Post a Comment