Wednesday 20 March 2013

Avon order and small review

So, recently I made an order with my local Avon and ordered some things I fancied. I have also previously made another order in which I won't go into much detail but I will mention at the end. This time, I ordered 5 things, now I didn't choose which things I ordered, I ordered what was called a 'bargain bag' in which you receive a bag of 5 things which are all worth a total of £25.00 but you only pay £8. Now I thought this was interesting and I wanted to maybe try new things and who doesn't like a surprise? So, when my order arrived, I opened the bag to these 5 items.

Firstly I got a corrector palette, now this is part of a separate range Avon do (not sure of the name) But its just a corrector palette which has a few different colour shades (purple, skin coloured etc) Now, I am a little confused about how to use this product, I know it's alike a concealer but still I'm confused! ha. I'm going to research how to use the colours and on which part of the face etc and then I can elaborate more.
 Secondly, I received a glimerstick eye liner, in the shade 'bronze' now when I first opened this, I wasn't really impressed as it's in a bronze colour and with my own eyeliners I tend to go for the colour black. BUT after using it and trying it out, I liked how it looked on my eyes and it wasn't as bad as I thought. So overall, a nice addition to the bag.

I also received a colour trend double ended eye liner, one end being green and the other black. Now, In the Avon book the brand 'colour trend' is the cheapest brand they have in there at really affordable prices and is mainly aimed at people who are looking to try out new shades and things without paying so much. So I was happy I got this in the bag as I have wanted to try different colours for a while and although green is maybe the most daring colour, I still can't wait to try it out. The black is just what I normally go for, but the actual eye liner itself goes on smoothly and lasts a long time on the eye. So overall, this was very good and would recommend this to someone who wants to try a new shade but also with the back up of a black.
Also, from colour trend I received a nail varnish, I have no idea what the shade is (god im so bad at this) but i think it's called 'serine' but don't hold me to that! Now I tried this colour straight away as I love purple colours. When I applied it, it went on really well and smoothly and didn't smudge leaves bumps on my nails. I also added a glitter top coat which looks amazing!! So overall, I am very happy with this varnish and may purchase some more colours to experiment with.

Lastly, the most exciting item in the bag...A lipstick! (As you may have already noticed I enjoy lipsticks) I have only recently started using lipsticks, I have always been a lipgloss kinda girl but after previously buying some colour trend lipsticks in red and nude I really liked how awake and alive they made my face look even full of makeup. So, when this better brand from avon came in the bag I was very pleased.
It's the shade 'pink pop' and it looks like this (above) ALSO! look at my nails, thats the purple nail varnish with a glitter top coat. Anyway, The packaging of this lipstick is really nice, black with Avon logo (Obviously) but I loved it. The actual lipstick and shade itself is a light pink but also has a slight shimmer added so makes your lips sort of 'glow' when applied, which is good for summer/night time events etc. Overall I am really happy with the quality of this lipstick and I hope (fingers crossed) that they still sell these as I am very excited to try out more shades as I really was happy with this item.

So overall, I think that's all but I said I would mention some bits from my other Avon order, Now as I have mentioned I ordered two colour trend lipsticks, one being the shade 'poppy red' and the other being 'flirt' I ordered these as I just wanted to experiment with lipstick and some colours and although they was cheap purchases, I loved them! The colours made my face look more alive after applying them so I recommended to anyone looking to improve or change their look to find a shade of lipstick that goes with their skin tone and experiment! I also bought some conditioning balm for my hair from the 'naturals' collection, but as of now I have not had much luck with this as my hair and leave in conditioners don't really like each other so i'm thinking of maybe using that just as I normal conditioner. I also purchased a blemish clearing bottle liquid which you apply to cotton wool and clean your face and I have found this to work really well, so if you suffer from outbreaks and redness, I would defiantly try this out.



So, that's all for now. I hope this helps and you enjoyed reading it. see you guys! xox



1 comment:

  1. Hi Emily,
    I totally recommend Avon make up!
    My very first lip stick was from there and its the colour Frozen Rose, a little pinky but shimmery and not way out there.
    I also love the nail varnish, I have every colour under the sun from there :D and I always, alwaysss, buy my mascara from Avon :D.
    Great blog and very helpful reviews!
    I was looking to follow you but I don't know where the button is, lol.

    ReplyDelete